Skip to content

Unintended Silence

March 21, 2010

I didn’t plan to go silent. But things keep breaking. First my Nikkor lens that I love started having issues (for the second time) and I had to send it off for a repair. Got it back the very day I had a newborn photo shoot with dear little Daniel, son of the ever-so-talented Kelly. Two days later my computer had hardware failure and I had to take it to the Apple store only to be shipped out for a  repair as well. And then our furnace started having problems and emitting horrible fumes and had to be repaired. Thankfully all these repairs were under warranty, except the furnace.

So, I hope to get my computer back sometime this week and hope to return to my online world next week. And I’ve got the next installment of With Child that’s just about ready to go, so look for that next week as well.

But I must say being unplugged has allowed me a bit more rest and reading time. Plus I got my kitchen cabinets scrubbed fresh and clean for spring.

Speaking of spring, I’m soooo ready for a fresh new season. Winter has been hard. Unemployment, morning sickness, and the paci-removal sleep issues my boys have gone through the past two weeks has been wearing. I’m ready to throw open the windows, breathe fresh air, and feel grass beneath bare feet.

Good-bye winter. Bring on the daffodils!

5 Comments leave one →
  1. March 21, 2010 5:48 pm

    oooh wow – was just thinking of you this afternoon while I was out. glad for an update! praying some warm for you – spring is coming!

  2. March 21, 2010 7:36 pm

    I’m with you, girl. I have long loved the return of spring, but especially since LA got into public accounting 5 yrs. ago. Reaching end of March/April had never meant so much as it does now. For many reasons, we do a big hoorah for the welcome of spring here at the Almengor’s. 🙂
    PS.I have a writing project/proposal for you when we get a chance to talk next. Remind me if you think of it and I don’t.

  3. March 22, 2010 7:58 am

    i know the feeling! oh so well!

  4. krista permalink
    March 23, 2010 10:08 am

    I am sooooo with you! (Well, except for the morning sickness and paci thing.) I’ve been opening the windows as much as I can, except today there’s a manure/dead animal combo thing going on. A slight manure smell I can deal with, but the dead smell can’t be located. Ick.

    How is the paci weaning going? We shaved the slightest sliver off the tip every 3 or 4 days and it only took 2 slices for it to work for Natalia. She used hers for naps and at night until age 2.

    • March 23, 2010 1:36 pm

      Honesty, Krista, it was pretty horrible. I think with this next child I’ll try what you did. Actually, it was only the first day they asked for the paci, after that it was over. It was more the aftermath of just not settling down. Naps vanished 18 days. Well, they got a few in there, but nothing “normal” for 18 days straight. You can imagine how awful two toddler without naps would be! And they were used to at least an hour and 1/2 a day. They didn’t go to bed well either because they were over-tired.

      It was basically that they would start playing, talking, getting out of their crib, etc. They weren’t crying or anything, just horsing around. Last Thursday I split them up and Owen takes a nap in our bed now and Duncan stays in his crib. That caused a little bit of a problem with Duncan at first, who was “missing out” but they’ve taken naps for 6 days straight now and I’m one happy mama! And bedtimes are no issue at all now! My sanity has returned!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s